For tourists love flowers, love the romance, please go to Da Lat – “Dream City” or “Flower City”. And this is a gift of Vietnam Typical Tours for travelers “Tips on travelling to Dalat city in flower season”.
The flower season in Dalat
– The white radish flower has two season : November-December and March-April. However, they look most beautiful in the winter and tourists are advised to go here in this time to enjoy the “two in one beauty” of Dalat.The most suitable time to take picture of the blooming flower is 8-10A.M or 3-5P.M. Especially in the afternoon, when the fog starts to appear, you might catch the most beautiful dreamy moment ever.
– Purple jacarandas usually bloom in March, April. When the flowers bloom they show off their beautiful purple color, enthralling tourists and then when leaving they are filled with nostalgia.
“The purple color has dyed the heaven
Tomorrow, when we leave Dalat our heart is filled with innermost feelings”
(Tuyền Linh – Đà Lạt purple jacarandas).
Purple jacarandas are planted in the city but mostly found in Nguyễn Thị Minh Khai street, Nguyễn Văn Cừ street…
– Cherry trees are grown all over the city and on the city outskirts, creating inspiration for many artists; cherry blossoms go into poetry, music and are stunning images associated with Đà Lạt when spring comes
– In December, the sun will return to the land that is always immersed in fog and the deep blue sky will be adorned by a wild flower species. Wild sunflowers bloom only once a year at the end of November and early December, as an invitation for a sweet love season coming to Dalat.
Places to visit
After visting the white radish flower and the sunflower field, you might want to visit the milk cow farm of Dalat Milk company, Ponjour waterfall, Elephant waterfall,… Another specialty of Dalat is the pink glass in Dankia hill, near the Golden Stream area.
Some notes while visiting:
– Both flower fields are opened for free. Therefore, don’t damage any flower or plant. Remember not to throw rubbish everywhere. It’s your responsibility to protect and keep the flower fields clean as they are.
– You’d better not take group photo because the crowds are most likely to damage flowers.
– Park and arrange your car/motorbike neatly.
– In the white radish flower field, there are not so many blank spaces to step foot in. Therefore, tourists should only stay outside to take picture to avoid damaging the flowers.
Now book a trip to Dalat with us:
Da Lat City Tour One Day:
DaLat Countryside Tour Full Day: